On Saturday 24th March, over in the U.K, the London based mas band, Funatik Mas, showcased costumes for their presentation entitled 'In My Dreams' in preparation for the Notting Hill Carnival celebrations which is set to take place on 27th August 2018.
The event took place at The Haringey Irish Centre and was well attended.
A few of our Red Apple Radio team members attended the event. As our team mingled with the crowd and in the backstage area of the event, the vibe was upbeat and many of the persons attending had high praise for this band, their customer service and the after care - that the customer service did not end at collecting payment or even at costume collection, but also how they attend to the needs of their masqueraders on the road during the carnival.
|CHEF KERRYN - aka SUPER TRINI|
The highlights for us from this event:
- The lovely costumes (check out the section called Paradise-the orange, yellow, green one, an absolutely vibrant, costume and the back piece of the front line is light, easy to carry and stunning - yes we tried it on)
- The overall welcoming feeling of the band's team members and even the models - who were also very knowledgeable about the costumes.
- The food, OMG, the food, a Caribbean menu, which the chef assured us is similar to what is served on the road for lunch and at any of the events Funatik Mas host throughout the up coming London Carnival season and one lady standing in the line waiting to be served assured it that 'it tasty and piping hot on de road, we doh (don't) get cold, tasteless food on the road'
- On chatting with the band rep who was responsible for registrations, we found out that yes there are options for each preference and size range - from more modest whole suits to thongs if that's your wish and they offer corset options too.
- The AFTER PARTY - oh yes, there was an after party, jam session which was held at a night club in the city - the Funatik Djs shelled down session after session - big up to Lex Lion - the ole skool session was lit and then straight into the latest soca, vibes with some afro beats and dancehall in the mix, we truly got a taste of how this band pumps on the road for the Carnival.
Thank you to FUNATIK MAS for inviting Red Apple Radio Station to be part of your event.
Here are a few captured moments from the event.
For information on how you can be part of the Funatk Mas band in London, UK: